Our Grading Practices
The purpose of grading at Shoreline Middle School is to report out current proficiency of standards so that all stakeholders (students, families, school staff) can participate in the learning process.
To accomplish this, we allow students to demonstrate their level of mastery through multiple modalities and opportunities.
This creates an atmosphere in which students receive ongoing feedback that facilitates success and fosters motivation.
Student work habits are determined by the following characteristics:
- Arrives on time and is prepared for class
- Participates in class (actions benefit instruction)
- Follows directions and stays on task
- Completes work as assigned and submits on time
- Takes advantage of support and reassessment opportunities
- Take initiative (individual, partner, group activities)
- Contributes to a positive and safe learning environment
CONSISTENTLY >>> EXCEEDS / MASTERY
OFTEN >>> APPROACHING
SOMETIMES >>> DEVELOPING
RARELY >>> BEGINNING